The festive season is well and truly over, so it’s time to swap your stilettos for Stan Smiths, put away the mince pies and kick-start 2016 with a list of New Year’s resolutions. Yes those. If you’re struggling to come up with a realistic set of goals (cross off Ryan Gosling, it’s never going to happen), we suggest you start with your beauty regime. Breaking naughty habits and sticking to a few good ones will work wonders on your skin, hair and nails. We promise.
1. No matter how bored I am at work I will not pick off my gel polish.
2. I’ll stop using wipes to take off my make up before bed (and I promise to take my make-up off before bed more often.)
3. H20 will be my (and my skin’s) new BFF.
4. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it… But if it’s been in your make-up bag for more than 6 months then it’s time to let it go. Sorry.
5. ‘Less is more’ is my new mantra. And it works on every level; foundation, eye make-up, lip gloss, blow dries and self-tan.
6. I suppose I could give my tresses a day off from the 230-degree heat from my straighteners and embrace my frizz natural waves.
7. I will fully commit to my fringe by having regular trims.
8. Maybe this year I’ll take it one trend at a time.
9. Since downloading Timehop, I’ve realised I’ve had this hair for 6 years. Time for a change.
10. I will continue my endeavour to introduce contouring to all of my clients. Just call me a life-changer (and MUA Extraordinaire)