Weddings, proms and the races – ‘tis the season to be drop dead gorgeous, which means it’s a very busy time for hair, beauty and nail
stylists. If you or your client are struggling for some #glaminspo, look back at this years hottest celebrity events and take a few tips from the queens of the red carpet…
- J-Law, Taylor and Kristen Stewart gave a new meaning to ‘blonde bombshell’ – fierce, edgy and cool. Ladies, it’s time to turn honey hues to icy shades.
- There’s been a resurgence of chopped tresses at this year's red carpet events embraced the ‘bob’. If you’re client doesn’t want to commit to a short do…fake it! Mould the hair into a faux bob like starlets Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett, or shape a wig so it looks natural and sophisticated on your client just like Kylie Jenner.
- Margot Robbie and Alexa Chung kept their make-up on the down low, but still managed to turn up the sass. Subtle make-up that still wows a crowd is the ultimate wedding-day #makeupgoals, whether you’re the bride or a guest.
- It’s the ultimate dream to dress up as a Princess, but this year, A listers have shown us how to channel Disney heroines to leave you looking fancy (Iggy Azalea style) rather than fancy dress. We love Blake Lively’s Cinderella updo, Alicia Vikander’s Belle-esque hun and Karlie Kloss’ Alice in Wonderland hair ribbon.
- We love this year’s subtle and flawless red carpet make-up, but nothing says glam-goddess like a slick of red lipstick. To really pack a punch, slick hair back and keep the rest of the make-up simple like Adriana Lima.
- This girl-next-door hairstyle is perfect for any young clients attending prom – it’s pretty, soft and has staying power. Take inspiration from fashion-guru, Olivia Palermo, who wore the look at this year’s Golden Globes, but added layers of intricate braids for a modern twist.
- This year, celebs have perfected the balance between pretty and edgy, just look at Kristen Stewart’s rock-chick liner combined with a girly pink lip at this year’s Cannes Film Festival. Adding a neat braid can soften edgy make-up, whereas brushed-out and messy curls can toughen any look.
- Sweep glossy and tousled hair to the side for instant grown-up glamour – perfect for prom clients who want a sophisticated finish. Alicia Vikander turned heads at this year’s BAFTAs with her side-swept tresses – don’t forget to rock some serious ear-bling.
- Ponytails are sky-high, sleek and long, finished with a vintage-Posh Spice style knot. If a ponytail is good enough for Kendall Jenner at a snazzy red carpet event, then it’s good enough for the rest of us!
- A lister’s cranked up the hair-shine factor with super-blingy accessories. Alexa Chung and Blake Lively decorated their tresses with sparkly brooch-shaped jewels – a stunning look for any bridal clients.