How do I enrol for online training?
1. Purchase your course. You can browse all courses here.
2. You should receive email confirmation of your enrolment onto your course from the course provider (this should be within 48hrs of booking, excluding weekends & Bank Holidays).
3. For courses that include starter kits they will be posted out alongside an access code to the online learning platform by the provider. For all other courses your training provider will let you know when you will receive access to the pre-course work- it should be roughly a week before your course is due to begin.
4. Complete all your pre-course work: this will include reading material, video content, step by step tutorial videos and quiz assessments.
5. Attend your live webinar session
6. You will receive notification of your result and an accredited certificate when you pass your course. Once received, please pass the certificate on to your insurance provider to update your insurance with your new skill.
Why choose to train online with Salon Services?
Frequently Asked Questions
Course provider: Mike Taylor Education
Students must be at least 16 years of age to take part in all barbering courses. No previous experience is required for the Introduction to Barbering course but students must ensure they have a suitable work surface to secure the training head to or have a free standing tripod.
For the Traditional Barbering and Fades & Blades online training courses students are required to have some previous hair or barbering experience. These are the perfect courses for building confidence and can be tailored to suit your practical needs.
For the Introduction to barbering online course and Traditional barbering online courses students are required to work on a human hair training head throughout the course with no requirement for a human model. As part of the Traditional barbering online course you have the option to work on a human model for the final live webinar if you prefer.
For the Fades & Blades online training course a human model is required for 2 guided step by step cuts and the live webinar assessment that must be at least 16 years of age.
Each Barbering course begins with a live 1-1 30 minute webinar session with your professional educator to provide you with a thorough understanding of the course structure/content and how the learning portal works. You have 3 months to complete the course from the date of your first webinar.
Yes- all students must purchase the relevant kit items to use during the live webinar. Please note that some of the items may already be salon essentials so there is no need to purchase more if you already own them. The full kit lists for these courses can be found on page 28 of the prospectus available here.
If you need to change or cancel the date of your live webinar within 14 days of it taking place there will be a booking amendment charge of £20. If you are unable to attend due to legal restrictions as a result of the current pandemic or are unable to bring another person into your home as a result of COVID-19 or any other personal emergency out of your control, we will offer you an alternative webinar date with the booking amendment charge waivered. This is at the absolute discretion of Mike Taylor Education/Sally Beauty.
Once you have completed your course including your live webinar session you will receive notification of your result and an accredited certificate if you have passed. You will need to contact your insurance provider to provide them with a copy of your accredited certificate for them to update your insurance.
Please note when speaking with your insurance provider they will ask who the course is accredited by which is outlined on your certificate and not the company you purchased the course from.
Unfortunately due to the current climate we have no immediate plans to restart customer education in stores in order to keep our customers and staff as safe as possible. We will keep you as updated as possible with our plans and will take a lead from the accrediting bodies on how best to proceed with training.
Unfortunately this is not currently possible but we will keep you updated on when the service will be next available.
Yes, this is possible, please contact UKCustomerServices@uk.sallybeauty.com