Get the look for AW 2019! Bright yellow crop cut
Ready to flex your mind and imagination? One of our AW19 trends is Freestyle: dual dynamics. The theme is sharp and edgy using a clean colour palette with dark undertones.
We worked with Errol Douglas, nail technician Georgina Rivers and MUA Branka Vorkapic to create the look. Here, they share their step by step guides for this Autumn Winter 2019 trends...
For this trend, hair is sharp with streamlined lines. Add contrasting tones for even more impact.
Top tip: Pre-lighten the hair to a light blonde to achieve this level of colour vibrancy. These colours work best on pre lightened hair.
Errol says, “Elle [the model] had an uneven blonde canvas to start with, about an inch of darker roots as well as a previous ash toner on the mid lengths to the ends of the hair. To correct the base colour, first the roots were pre-lightened with XP100 Bleaching Powder + XP100 Cream Developer 20 Vol.
“While you allow the roots to process, at the washbasin apply XP100 Bleaching Powder + XP100 Cream Developer 10 Vol to the mid and ends of the hair to remove the previous toner and even out the colour in the hair, preparing your canvas for your new colour. Allow to develop for another 5-10 minutes depending on the client’s hair quality.”
The next step is to shampoo hair twice with post colour shampoo like the Lômé Paris Post Colour to ensure that no lightener remains in the hair. Blowdry the hair fully before applying Celeb Luxury Extreme Yellow straight over the hair from root to ends.
Process for 20-30 minutes and then rinse and condition the hair. Encourage your client to use this product at home to prolong the colour and refresh the intensity.
“As the hair is so bright, be very careful not to use a dark gel. Use something that is clear as a dark or coloured product could stain the hair.”
Errol says, “For this look we coloured the hair first. I then worked in some basic layers all around, graduating into the nape of the neck. Leaving the top quite heavy and choppy, we then applied the colour again to personalise it more.”
“I used Maria Nila moulding paste to add texture to the layers”, says Errol. “To finish don’t blow-dry or brush through as we want the overall look to be textured, so use your fingers to bring this to life. As the hair is so bright, be very careful not to use a dark gel. Use something that is clear as a dark or coloured product could stain the hair.”
Shop the look
This trend has a back to school vibe. Here’s how to achieve these colour pop nails with ASP Quickdip…
File the nails to shape, buff and apply ASP Quickdip Primer. Then apply ASP Quickdip Base Coat.
Create the look
- Decide on your colour selections for these Back to School Highlights nails and have each colour pot open and ready for dipping.
- Dip the nail fully into the colour pot.
- Lightly brush away the residue with ASP Quick Dip Duster Brush.
- Lightly dab the ASP Quickdip Layering Gel and dip again in the chosen colour.
- Repeat step 3 then apply ASP Quickdip Top Coat.
- Apply a third layer of ASP Quickdip colour or clear ASP Quickdip Powder to protect the pigment from the final file.
- Dab on the ASP Quickdip Gel Activator then file, buff and apply WOW It’s dry Top Coat for added shine.
- Finish with ASP Cuticle Oil.
Shop the look
Complete the look and get creative with this bold eye makeup from MUA Branka Vorkapic…
Prep the skin using the new skincare range from Sienna X, taking care to cleanse, tone and moisturise. The Sienna X Retinol Serum will ensure your client has a radiant complexion to really set off this minimal look.
Create the look
- Apply Bodyography Foundation primer in Clear. Using a Foundation brush apply a thin layer of Bodyography Natural Finish Foundation to the face, including the eyelids and lips.
- Create contours with the Bodyography Sunsculpt Bronzer and Highlighter, lightly skimming over the cheekbones to complement the natural face lines.
- For the lips, prepare with the Bodyography Exfoliating Lip Duo and apply Bodyography Lipstick in Elizabeth.
- The eyes are the focal point in this look. Branka says, “This is where you can really show off your creative flair. I used a bold pink pigment - I recommend the shade Boogie from the Bodyography Disco ‘Til Dawn Eyeshadow Palette - and mix it with a little water to create your very own liquid eyeliner.”
- Start by lining the eyes in the classic winged eyeliner. Follow by extending this and taking it above the crease and back towards the inner corner of the eyes.
- Finish off the eyes with Babelash mascara and focus on keeping the rest of the skin minimalist and dewy. Spritz Bodyography Ready, Set, Go all over the face for the final step to this look
Shop the Look
Credits: Model: Elle @ellehannanparr Hair Stylist & Colour Direction: Errol Douglas MBE at Errol Douglas London Salon MUA: Branka Vorkapic @brankamakeup Nail technician: Georgina Rivers @georginasnailstudio Stylist: Jess Grist @iseebambi Photographer: Barry Jeffery @barryjeffery