January is often the time to try something new. If you’ve always wanted to pursue your passion for hair and beauty or need to brush up on your skills, we’re excited to announce that we have some new online training courses for you to try this new year. From our brand new bleaching and lightening course to our trending hybrid lashes course, find the one that is perfect for you to do from the comfort of your home.
Try something new this year with our online courses | Salon Services
Online courses to try from the comfort of your home
Bleach and lightening online course
Whether you need to refresh your colour technique or get to grips with some new lightening skills, our online bleaching and lightening hair colour course gives you the confidence to perform them with ease. Perfect for creating a range of brilliant blonde looks from full head bleaching to foil highlights, the pre-coursework and live webinar will teach you the essentials from managing client expectations to basic colour knowledge. Other skills you will learn include:
- Recap essential colour theory
- Product recommendations and after care advice
- How to select the right tools and equipment
Who is this course suitable for? Intermediate level hairdressers and colourists.
Online brow threading course
Our online brow threading course will help you master an ancient form of hair removal that has never gone out of style with clients. Using a mix of coursework and a one-to-one live webinar, it gives you all the skills to thread by hand on both the brows and face with confidence. Areas you will learn in this course include:
- Health and safety specific to threading
- Anatomy and physiology of the hair and skin
- Eyebrow mapping
Who is this course suitable for? Beginner level brow technicians
Microdermabrasion beauty course
Learn how you can revitalise and improve your client’s skin with our microdermabrasion beauty course. Using a mix of coursework you can do at your own pace and a one-to-one live webinar, you will gain the skills and knowledge to analyse different skin types and perform this non-surgical treatment safely and confidently. Other skills you will gain include:
- How to create a tailored microdermabrasion treatment
- Health and safety guidelines for facial treatments
- Skin preparation and correct client positioning
Who is this course suitable for? Intermediate level beauticians
Browlift lamination online course
From Salon System, the Browlift lamination course helps you perform one of the most popular beauty treatments your clients will love. As you learn about Browlift’s products throughout the coursework and live webinar, you will be able to create three signature looks: Classic, Brushed Brow and Fluffy & Feathery. Other skills you will gain in this course include:
- Analysing different hair types and textures
- How to tint to enhance and define the brows
- Aftercare advice for clients
Who is this course suitable for? Intermediate level brow technicians
Hi-Brow hybrid lashes online course
Hybrid lashes is one of the most profitable beauty treatments out there, helping you earn between £50-£120 per treatment. In this online course from Hi-Brow, you will brush up your lash skills and create a wispy style that stands out. As you work on its coursework and live webinar, skills you will gain with this trending course include:
- Anatomy and physiology specific to lashes
- Identifying eyes shapes, lash mapping and style options
- Developing your existing skills to create hybrid last effects with your preferred technique (classic lash or Russian volume)
Who is this course suitable for? Intermediate level lash technicians
Online ear piercing course
The Caflon ear piercing course offers all the skills and information for you to perform an ear lobe piercing safely on clients. As you work on its coursework and a two-hour live webinar, you will be taught across different areas including:
- An overview of the Caflon range, including their stud selection
- Client care and preparation
- Licencing, insurance and age restrictions
Who is this course suitable for? Beginner level beauticians
Start your new year with a new skill
Whichever online course you choose, it’s important to always come prepared. Here’s our top tips so you have everything you need to safely perform your course and get through it with confidence.
- Check if your online course requires a previously obtained certification or license.
- Carefully read your course’s health and safety information, including if a patch test is required.
- If a model is required for your course, make sure they are at least 16 years old and always perform a client consultation service beforehand.
- Check if a kit is required for your course. If you don’t have the appropriate equipment, you can buy it through Salon Services during your booking.
- Carefully go through your pre-coursework before your webinar and read it at your own pace - there’s no rush.