New in Salon Services trade stores and online: Paul Mitchell Hair Products
Posted on 14th April 2016by PROinsider
We’re incredibly excited to reveal that Paul Mitchell hair products have landed in Salon Services Trade Only stores. Scottish-born hairdresser Paul Mitchell revolutionised the hair industry, from innovative products (the sculpting foam, launched 1984, is still one of the brand’s best-sellers) to becoming the first professional beauty company to stand up against animal testing. Thirty-six years after its launch, its products continue to fill salon shelves worldwide. Here are five kit essentials – all available in trade only stores and online now – to see you and your clients through SS16.
• Paul Mitchell’s original name was Cyril Mitchell
• Vidal Sassoon spotted Paul’s talent back in 1960, and invited him to train members of staff in his first American salon.
• Paul launched the US’s first “cutting club”.
• He created the self-sustaining, solar-powered Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Farm in Hawaii – all of the awapuhi used in Paul Mitchell products is still harvested there today.
• Sadly, Paul Mitchell died in 1989. His son, Angus Mitchell, then took over his part of the business.