We’re incredibly excited to reveal that Paul Mitchell hair products have landed in Salon Services Trade Only stores. Scottish-born hairdresser Paul Mitchell revolutionised the hair industry, from innovative products (the sculpting foam, launched 1984, is still one of the brand’s best-sellers) to becoming the first professional beauty company to stand up against animal testing. Thirty-six years after its launch, its products continue to fill salon shelves worldwide. Here are five kit essentials – all available in trade only stores and online now – to see you and your clients through SS16.
1. Smoothing Super Skinny Serum 150ml
The lightweight silicones in this serum work fast to seal fly-aways and leave hair looking smooth and shiny.
2. Firm Style Freeze and Shine Super Spray 250ml
Keep that cute fringe in place with this powerful finishing spray.
3. Flexible Style Re-Works Texture Cream 150ml
Apply it to wet or dry hair to add texture to twists.
4. Flexible Style Wax Works 200ml
For this season’s wet-look locks, apply a small blob to the roots and comb backwards into place.
5. Express Style Round Trip Liquid Curl Definer 200ml
Create light and defined curls with this quick-drying product – it protects tresses too!
5 things you didn’t know about Paul Mitchell
• Paul Mitchell’s original name was Cyril Mitchell
• Vidal Sassoon spotted Paul’s talent back in 1960, and invited him to train members of staff in his first American salon.
• Paul launched the US’s first “cutting club”.
• He created the self-sustaining, solar-powered Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Farm in Hawaii – all of the awapuhi used in Paul Mitchell products is still harvested there today.
• Sadly, Paul Mitchell died in 1989. His son, Angus Mitchell, then took over his part of the business.