Get a Glow this Winter
Winter may have arrived, but that doesn't mean you have to be pale! It's a challenging time for those of us who love a golden glow. Choosing the right tanning products for your newly pale skin can be a real challenge, while finding one that won't look over-the-top against the grey winter skies can take some trial and error. We've come up with six top tips to help you maintain that golden glow, perfect for those Christmas parties and on through the winter months.
Get a Glow this Winter
1. Are you preparing for a special festive occasion? Whatever you do, never test out a new product the day or night before the event. Today's market is saturated with products, all of which are formulated with countless ingredients and colour variations. We always recommend starting out with a patch test in order to ensure that the solution doesn't cause an allergic reaction. Apply the lotion on your inner elbow and wait 12-24 hours.
2. When it comes to application, practice definitely makes perfect. Since many tanning products vary in texture, it's important to remember that they are likely to create different looks. Experiment with creams, gels, aerosols and oil-based lotions until you find the one that's just right for your skin.
3. Apply creams and gels with a sponge around any difficult areas, such as wrists, fingernails and feet. When it comes to removing excess tan from around these areas, baby wipes get the job done perfectly.
4. Over the years, tanning formulas have advanced so much that we now have a vast array of colours to choose from, which means that there's really no excuse to have a blotchy, orange tan. Spray tans are a great way of achieving a natural-looking, golden glow while avoiding the harmful effects of the sun.
5. Keep your skin hydrated and supple by moisturising every morning and at night. Avoid using body oil and oily creams as they make tanning lotion less likely to stick. Using prolonging products, such as The Prolonger by Tantruth will keep your tan looking gorgeous for longer.
6. Exfoliate regularly to make that glow last twice as long. It's essential to get rid of excess tan residue from your skin before re-applying, as build-up can make colour-matching difficult, resulting in a patchy texture. We recommend Refine Exfoliator by Thai Skin Therapy, a gentle cream exfoliator containing natural bamboo to gently slough away impurities.