Sounds of the rainforest, super-relaxed staff floating around to cater to your every need, and plants at every corner – there’s really no place like a spa. But you might be shocked to learn that only eight per cent of the nation has experienced the joys of spas, which is where the UK Spa Association’s annual National Spa Week comes in.
This week, spas up and down the country are taking part and offering all kinds of amazing offers and deals to contribute to this year’s theme – Meet & Treat. So sign up and either get creative with your own offers or choose from the Meet & Treat menu, which includes:
1. Bring a friend for free. This could be for a spa day, for a treatment you’ve purchased, or for use of the hydrotherapy and heat experiences.
2. Create a treatment menu for National Spa Week with a selection of treatments for £50.
3. Create a treatment menu for National Spa Week with a selection of treatments for £25
4. Offer a complimentary taster treatment for new clients, for example: nail shape and polish, skin analysis.
And, if you’re one of the 92 per cent of people who are spa-shy, we’ve listed all the feelings you experience when going to a spa – believe us, you do not want to miss out…
1. Pulling up to the venue and thinking you’ve found Middle-earth.
2. Being welcomed by the friendliest staff members ever created.
3. Throwing off your boring ordinary clothes, knowing you’ll be wearing a comfy robe and slippers for the next two days. And no make-up. Ideal.
4. Laying in the Jacuzzi and just loving life.
5. Being in the sauna knowing you’re losing weight just by sitting there.
6. Popping over to the steam room and doing a small victory dance that they have a eucalyptus steam.
7. Swimming in the pool and feeling proud that you’ve managed two lengths.
8. After your hard workout you take to the loungers to relax. Ooh, free magazines, don’t mind if I do.
9. Repeat the process for hours and hours. It never ever gets boring.
10. Suddenly realising that you pre-booked a massage and patting yourself on the back for being such an amazing human.
11. Half way through your massage feeling beyond calm, especially with the added dolphin sounds.
12. Needing to be physically escorted out of the massage room because your whole body has turned to jelly due to being ridiculously relaxed.
13. Sitting in the post-massage relaxation room and just thinking seriously about life. Ooh, another magazine? Sure.
14. After a hard day it’s time to get ready for dinner, and there ain’t no restaurant like a spa restaurant.
15. Going to bed knowing you can do it all over again tomorrow.
Sounds amaze, yes? But if you’re still feeling even the tiniest bit guilty about treating yourself, there’ll be plenty of opportunity for you to do your bit and help support the fundraising activities taking place throughout the week across the spas. Last year National Spa Week raised more than £5,000 for Macmillan, so help them raise the bar for this year.
Spas taking part:
Bliss Spa, London
The Oxford Belfry, Oxfordshire
The Spa at The Midland, Manchester
Crewe Hall, Cheshire
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel, Warwickshire
Norton Park, Hampshire
Tankersley Manor Hotel, Yorkshire
Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort, Lincolnshire
The Park Royal, Cheshire
The Nottingham Belfry, Nottinghamshire
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort, Shropshire
The Cambridge Belfry, Cambridgeshire
The Cheltenham Chase Hotel, Gloucestershire
The Hampshire Court Hotel, Hampshire
Bridgewood Manor, Kent
Ashford International Hotel, Kent
Cameron House, Dunbartonshire
Mottram Hall, Cheshire
Oulton Hall, Yorkshire
Slaley Hall, Northumberland
Belton Woods, Lincolnshire
Ragdale Hall Health Hydro and Thermal Spa, Leicestershire
Virgin Active, nationwide